Helping students travel safely to and from school is a shared responsibility between the home and school.
- Please review the Standards of Conduct for Students Riding School Buses with your child (in the Student Rights and Responsibilities Booklet).
- Be sure to designate one route that your child will use to and from the bus stop each day.
- Any changes in transportation will require a written note. This includes changing the bus stop or bus route the student will use. If your child is transported from a daycare site and not home, a form must be completed.
- Students not living within the bus area who ride the bus for daycare on a regular basis must submit an exception to ride form to the transportation office.
- Should select one route to walk to school each day. Map this route out and practice it.
- All walking students must use the crosswalks and main school sidewalks.
- Students walking to the front of the school from Carlbern Drive must enter the building through the front entrance (Entrance #1).
- Students walking from the path on Barrymore may use the rear entrance by kindergarten. Entrance #3
- Students are welcome to ride bicycles to school and are expected to follow Virginia State and Fairfax County laws, including wearing a bicycle helmet.
- Areas are designated for bicycles to be secured. Students must providetheir own locks. FCPS is not responsible for damaged or stolen bicycles or helmets.
KISS AND RIDE
- Students may not walk through the cars in the Kiss and Ride line, even if accompanied by an adult.
- Students ARE NOT to be dropped off/picked up by car along Barrymore Road by the side of the school.
- Children who are brought to school by car during arrival/departure periods are required to use our “Kiss and Ride,” located in the front parking lot.
- Please use the drop-off/pick-up area marked by the yellow diagonal lines.
- Pull as far forward as possible within the designated area.
- Keep “good-byes” brief. Have the items your child needs ready prior to entering the Kiss & Ride area.
- Unload from the passenger side of the car only.
- Do not pass other cars that are loading or unloading.
- For safety reasons, please use the Barrymore/Kamputa/Olddale/ Carlbern route to avoid illegal Uturns on Carlbern Dr.
- Yield to buses turning right into the parking lot. They need a car length, or two, to turn into the school driveway.