Our Deer Park ES Family Liaison Jessica Arevalo serves as a link between our families and our schools. She facilitates family-school communication, which empowers families to become more active partners in their children’s education.
Our Deer Park ES Family Liaison works in our school and community to help families get the information and assistance they need to support their children at home and to ensure their academic success. She represents a variety of cultures, languages, and races and is one component in our school’s effort to enhance family involvement.
Here are a few ways Jessica Arevalo can provide assistance:
- I work with all parents in the school.
- provide new families with information about the school and community;
- conduct tours of the building for new and prospective families
- schedule a certified county interpreter to attend meetings for parents who speak a language other than English;
- help families complete required paperwork (such as school forms, health forms, free/reduced lunch applications, summer program applications, etc.);
- connect families with other school personnel who provide specialized assistance and resources (such as our school counselors, our school psychologist, and our school social worker);
- help parents who want to volunteer to find productive ways to support the school;
- support the PTA in its programs and events.
- I am a school staff member who will work with both you and your children’s teachers.
- I will answer any questions you have about school.
- Assist you with completing school forms.
- Explain school goals, policies, procedures, and programs.
- Provide information to you about school and community resources and services.
I speak: Spanish, English
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 - 10:45 a.m. and 2 - 3 p.m.
Email: [email protected]