Students in first grade will continue to grow as readers, writers, and mathematicians.
In Language Arts, students will explore
- reading on their own, buddy read, and participate in guided reading groups.
- reading poetry as well as fiction and non-fiction.
- developing many reading skills, including fluency and comprehension.
- writing using their imagination
In Math, students explore building concepts on
- number sense
- place value
- addition, and subtraction
- parts of a whole
In Social Studies, topics include:
- government and leadership
In Science, topics include:
- motion and sound
This is an important year for our young learners as they establish classroom routines and study habits that will follow them through the rest of their school year.