Third graders will continue to expand their understanding of language arts and math concepts and deepen their knowledge of science and social studies units.
In science, students will explore
- the scientific process
- the function and format of simple machines,
- causes of the Earth's cycles,
- the layers and components of soil
- the life cycle and adaptations of the ladybug.
In social studies, students will explore
- the ancient civilizations of Egypt, China, Greece, and Rome
- how the environment shaped the culture
- the contributions that each civilization made for future generations
Third grade is an exciting year for learners. This is the first-year students will take the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) tests. Students will take reading and math SOL tests.